Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Week 7



Craft:
I used Adobe Illustrator and played with the text following a path, gradient, font, and pencil tools. These features allowed me to bring a treasure map to life.

Composition:
The piece has a worn old parchment paper in the background that aids in the visual clue of seeing a treasure map. The arrows are made out of words. These words were typed in Lambretta font that give a natural boxing-in of the words to make them appear more arow-like. There are three major building scenes that I have to pass through. There are also gray symbols that represent things that are earned at each building scene.

Concept:
The concept of this illustration is that there are different forms of schooling that I must pass through in order to achieve my dream job. I started to take school seriously in college and that is also the point where I decided I wanted the dream job of being a medical illustrator. So my treasure map starts at college and travels through graduate school and finally to where I find my treasure in the city when I am hired as a medical illustrator. The different icons that are on the map for each place are graduation caps (college), diplomas (graduate school), and money (the city). The arrows that represent the path I must take in order to achieve my goal are made out of words that read "determination, perserverance, hard work, focus...are used to achieve my ultimate goal."

No comments:

Post a Comment